C-FVOF Flying Club [Draft]
- Article I – The Club
- Article II – Club Membership
- Article III – Pilot Qualifications and Currency
- Article IV – Flight Rules
- Article V – Aircraft Care And Maintenance
- Article VI – Scheduling
- Article VII – Insurance
- Appendix A
This document provides operating procedures for the C-FVOF Flying Club.
Article I – The Club
- The C-FVOF Flying Club is a Not-for-Profit Corporation organized for the express purpose of:
- Promoting interest in flying and aviation;
- Teaching and training its members in the art and science of aviation and the operation of aircraft in accordance with all relevant legislation;
- Providing its members with aircraft for their personal use and enjoyment.
- All members of the C-FVOF Flying Club shall comply with all relevant Transport Canada Regulations and Club operating procedures while operating Club aircraft.
Article II – Club Membership
- Membership in the C-FVOF Flying Club is contingent upon approval of the application for membership by the Board of Directors and such membership may be revoked by the Board of Directors.
- The applicable initiation fee and current dues must be paid in full before a membership will be finalized.
- When any member is in default in the payment of dues for the C-FVOF Flying Club by the date specified by the Board of Directors, their membership will become inactive, they will no longer be in good standing and will not be eligible to vote on club business.
- Only those members duly licensed and in good standing with the C-FVOF Flying Club shall have access, for the purpose of renting, to Club aircraft.
Article III – Pilot Qualifications and Currency
- No person shall be permitted to operate or assume command of a C-FVOF Flying Club aircraft unless he/she is carrying a valid aircrew medical certificate, and license or permit.
- No person shall be permitted to operate or assume command of a C-FVOF Flying Club aircraft while under the influence of alcohol, illicit or unprescribed drugs/medication, or other intoxicating substances with reference to the CARs (links to be provided).
- No person shall carry any person in an C-FVOF Flying Club aircraft as a passenger or in any other capacity who is under the influence of alcohol, illicit or unprescribed drugs/medication, or other intoxicating substances.
- Alcohol, illicit or prescribed drugs/medication, or other intoxicating substances shall not be consumed while on board C-FVOF Flying Club aircraft.
- Each member must have flown a check ride with a qualified and approved instructor during the preceding 12 months, subject to the following:
- A pilot not having flown Club aircraft within a three (3) month period must take a check ride with a qualified and approved flight instructor.
- The check ride will include maneuvers and procedures appropriate to the aircraft flown.
Article IV – Flight Rules
- The pilot must perform a thorough preflight inspection of the aircraft, including a visual inspection of the fuel quantity, prior to commencing flight.
- Any damage or discrepancies discovered by a member will be assumed to be the responsibility of the last user unless it has been reported previously to [the Maintenance Officer].
- If a condition is discovered which may affect the airworthiness of the aircraft, the aircraft shall not be flown until cleared by [the Maintenance Officer].
- The pilot must ascertain that all relevant documents and safety equipment are in the aircraft prior to commencing the flight.
- No aerobatics, as defined per the CARs, shall be undertaken or performed in any C-FVOF Flying Club aircraft.
- Any occurrence resulting in damage to Club aircraft requires the person responsible for the aircraft at the time of the occurrence to provide a written report to [the Maintenance Officer].
Article V – Aircraft Care And Maintenance
- Upon completion of a flight, the pilot must tidy up the aircraft.
- Refueling of the aircraft should be completed at the end of a flight unless other arrangements have been made.
- No member (except [the Maintenance Officer]) may perform any maintenance on Club aircraft, other than preflight inspection, without authorization from [the Maintenance Officer].
Article VI – Scheduling
- The C-FVOF Flying Club uses an online booking system to handle aircraft bookings.
- The Booking System can be accessed at https://bookourplane.com and requires a password to log in.
Article VII – Insurance
- Director’s and Officer’s Liability:
Appendix A – Restrictions on the use of the Jodel D-11 “C-FVOF”
- Members with less than fifty (50) hours shall not fly solo in the Jodel D-11 “C-FVOF”.
- The Jodel D-11 “C-FVOF” may not be used to give flight instruction.